David Braun’s Must-Read Guide to Acquisitions for the Middle Market
What do you do when growth stalls? Watch David Braun’s compelling answer in this short video.
Buy your signed copy of the book
Also available through
About Successful Acquisitions
Here are just some of the essentials that you will learn from Successful Acquisitions
- Why a systems approach to acquisition is so important (and so rarely applied)
- The pros and cons of acquisition compared to other growth avenues
- How to lay the strategic foundations for a successful purchase
- Why it is best to look for companies that are NOT for sale
- The value of a relationship-based approach to acquisition
- The importance of understanding “the seller’s equation”
- Why you must limit yourself to ONE reason for buying a company
Plus these essentials
- The benefits of a market-first strategy
- How to build and balance your acquisition team
- The special — and limited — role of the CEO in the acquisition process
- When and how to use third-party resources
- Knowing your position on the opportunity matrix
- How to conduct target research effectively and stealthily
- The importance of defining your ideal prospect
- The meaning of “company DNA” and why it is critical to success
You’ll get vital practical tips
- How to conduct the first, all-important phone call
- Why you must learn to love hearing “no”
- The exact process for conducting a successful first meeting
- The critical difference between valuation and price
- Why you need a multidimensional approach to valuation
- How to build your negotiation platform
- How to be tough and still protect the buyer-seller relationship
And you’ll learn how to reach the end-game
- What you must always (and what you must never) include in your Letter of Intent
- The real function of due diligence
- What to do with the lawyers
- How to bring the deal to a timely and successful conclusion
- After the close: the art and science of company integration
More Reasons to Read Successful Acquisitions
It’s About the Middle Market
Did you know 97% of M&A transactions are under $500 million?
Media stories cause many people to think of M&A in terms of giant transactions between international corporations. In reality, most M&A activity actually occurs in the small and mid-market sector, where Successful Acquisitions is focused.
The Roadmap Approach
In Successful Acquisitions, David Braun presents what he calls to “the Roadmap” approach to buying companies, with clearly defined steps in a three-phase plan.
It is amazing to discover how many “impulse purchases” occur in the mid-market sector. Someone sees an opportunity, gets excited about it, invents a plethora of reasons to buy, and launches into unplanned negotiations. The costs are huge: in fact, it has been calculated that most acquisitions end in failure of one kind or another.
Sensing this, too many mid-market companies are scared off acquisition as a dangerous path to take. Without a plan, it is indeed a dangerous path. But with the detailed roadmap provided in Successful Acquisitions, buying another company can prove the fastest, securest and most profitable way to grow your own.
Not So Much A Book, More A Practical Manual
Successful Acquisitions is based on first-hand experience in steering dozens of transactions through to completion. It’s a report from the frontlines of business in the specific arena of acquiring privately held mid-market companies. Rich in real-world examples, this book delivers a practical plan of action based on proven results.
Many consultants publish just a part of their recipe, in hopes that readers will turn to them for the missing ingredients. With Successful Acquisitions, author David Braun made a bold decision to hold nothing back. Every detailed step of the acquisition process is laid out for all to see. In the course of the book he explains the value of third party advisors, but he gives the reader all the information needed to conduct the entire acquisition process alone.