The new year is off to a rocky start. The stock market’s performance so far in 2016 is fueling worries about the economy; globally stocks have slumped, oil prices continue to drop, and investors fear a new financial crisis. While it may be tempting to panic, a challenging market also presents a unique opportunity for strategic leaders. In today’s environment, M&A can be a powerful tool to spur growth and tackle new obstacles.
The secret to successful growth is to adopt a demand-driven philosophy toward M&A, focusing on markets that have a high potential for future growth. Rather than generating a list of acquisition targets, some of which may be in declining markets, adopt a “markets-first” approach. Investigate which markets – geographic or vertical – will perform well for years to come. Begin your search broadly, then conduct research on specific market segments. This will help you develop a pipeline of relevant acquisition candidates.
Learn more about this markets-first, demand-driven approach to M&A in our Feb. 18 webinar: “How to Pick Top-Notch Markets.” CPE credit is available.
This webinar will equip you to:
- Understand the market-driven process
- Identify market criteria (such as market growth, competitive dynamics, barriers to entry, etc.) and use them to evaluate a market or segment
- Describe effective secondary and primary market research techniques
- Use the “triangulation technique” to obtain the most relevant information for accurate decision-making
- Develop tools to objectively compare and contrast markets.
- Date: February 18
- Time: 1:00 PM ET
About Capstone Webinars
Learn about strategic growth through M&A in Capstone’s monthly webinar series. In each live webinar, a seasoned M&A expert provides practical tools and tactics to accelerate your company’s growth. Continuing Professional Education credits are available. Attend all twelve Capstone Webinars and earn the M&A U™ Webinar Certificate to display your commitment to this important field in your business education. Click here to learn more.