In order to finalize and close the deal, there are a number of issues to consider including drafting a Letter of Intent, determining deal structure, and papering the acquisition agreement.
Learn how to navigate through the legal technicalities of mergers and acquisitions in our upcoming webinar Contemporary Legal Issues in M&A led by M&A attorney John McDonald. John is a partner at Troutman Sanders and his strategic M&A practice involves representing publicly-traded and privately-held buyers and sellers in M&A transactions across a broad range of industries, both domestic and cross-border. John received his JD in Law from Georgetown.
- Define a typical timeline for the M&A process
- Describe the key principles and purpose of a Letter of Intent and Term Sheet
- Define the key differences between a stock purchase, asset purchase and merger
- Explain the basic contents of typical sections of an acquisition agreement, including Sale and Purchase, Reps and Warranties, Indemnification, Closing and Post-Closing
Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET
CPE Credit available.
Upcoming Capstone Webinars
- M&A: From LOI to Close
- Brand Integration: An Acquisition Challenge
- Five Options for Growth
- How to Pick Top-Notch Markets
- Building a Robust Pipeline
- “The First Date”: Contacting Owners and Successful First Meetings
- A New Look at Due Diligence
- Successful Negotiation Tactics
- Tax Considerations in M&A
- Mastering Valuation for M&A
View the complete series and register for the M&A U™ Webinar Certificate.