Do you have a plan for the future? Whether you are looking to grow your business or cash out, having a strategic plan is key to success. As mergers and acquisitions activity becomes more and more heated in the physical therapy space, owners thinking of selling (or buying) must evaluate various factors and begin developing a plan for achieving desired outcomes. Now is the time to begin building your plan so you remain competitive.
Nathan Shields, the host of the Physical Therapy Owners Club Podcast, invited John Dearing, Capstone Managing Director, to speak on his show after reading John’s article “How to Prepare Your Practice for Sale” in Impact Magazine. In the episode John and Nathan discuss key items practice owners should consider for maximizing success including:
- Building your practice’s growth trajectory for future success
- How to prepare for a sale
- Determining your personal and business goals
- Considering what will happen to your practice when you leave
- How to respond to when a buyer approaches you
- EBITDA, multiples and other valuation topics
- The current state of mergers & acquisitions in physical therapy and globally
- And more!