I was recently interviewed on the syndicated radio program Texas Business Radio. On the show, I share why companies pursue growth through M&A and how you can be successful.
It all starts with painting a picture and having a vision for the direction of your company. The most successful acquirers are those that spend the time developing their own acquisition strategy rather than reacting to opportunities.
Despite what some might think, in acquisitions it’s not always size that matters, but rather a willingness to take on risk and be flexible. We have facilitated transactions for clients ranging from small companies to divisions of publicly traded multinational firms. Any company can benefit from strategic M&A when executed properly.
In the interview we also discuss:
- How to take your company growth to the next level
- The top M&A mistake (and how to avoid it)
- Finding the RIGHT company for acquisition
- The many external growth options available to you – joint ventures, strategic alliances, M&A, minority investment
- Why strategy is the foundation for success
- Why I founded Capstone and wrote Successful Acquisitions: A Proven Plan for Strategic Growth
The segment aired live on the radio, but if you missed it, don’t worry! You can watch the video replay or listen to the podcast on-demand on the Texas Business Radio website, or iTunes, or SoundCloud.