While 2018 has been the highest year on record for mergers and acquisitions, dealmaking is slowing down. Geopolotical risk, trade issues, and stock market volatility all play a role in CEO confidence, one of the primary drivers of activity. Coming off three years of strong activity and favorable economic conditions the tide may be shifting.
Below are the top posts from the blog in 2018:
- 3 Reasons Why M&A May Be the Best Option for Growing Your Company
- Competing by Acquiring – Lessons from the Walmart-Flipkart and Nestlé-Starbucks Deals
- M&A 2018 Outlook: Middle Market On Track for Robust Year
- Nestle Slims Down, Sells US Chocolate Business – 3 Lessons for You
- M&A Update: 1Q 2018 – Global M&A Reaches New High
- How Credit Unions Can Partner with Fintech
- 4 Reasons Why You Need an M&A Advisor
- Why Strategic Alignment is Paramount to Acquisition Success
- How to Develop Your Due Diligence Checklist
- What Not to Include in the LOI
Regardless of what comes next, there will always be opportunities for growth for strategic, proactive-minded leaders like yourselves. As we close out 2018, I hope you are able to take some time off to recharge and come back into 2019 full of new ideas, ready to take action. Thank you for reaching the Successful Acquisitions Blog in 2018 and I hope you join me back again next year. Happy New Year!