Buying a company is not like buying a car where you walk away and never see the seller again. In many cases, it is more like buying an automobile with the seller thrown in. Especially for strategic acquirers, key employees from both buyer and seller are likely to work alongside one another in the newly merged company for years to come.
This presents a challenge to how we might typically negotiate. Hard-nosed tactics rarely serve either buyer or seller well in the long run. When negotiating during M&A we must carefully balance assertion with compromise.
Join me for a webinar on “Successful Negotiation Tactics” on March 20. I will explain best practices for negotiating based on my experience negotiating for mergers and acquisitions. Learn how to effectively negotiate for what you want without burning any bridges in the process.
Webinar topics include:
- How to build a negotiation platform
- Effective tactics for getting what you want in a deal while protecting the relationship with the prospect
- How and when to bring legal counsel to the negotiating table
- Strategies to address Terms, Timing and Talent
- Methods for broaching the issue of price
- How to avoid negotiation in circles
Date: March 20, 2014
Time: 1:00 pm ET
Click here to register